Wednesday

We finally had our own version of Pumped Up Kicks



Robert's got a quick hand He'll look around the room He won't tell you his plan He's got a rolled cigarette hanging out his mouth He's a cowboy kid Yeah, he found a six-shooter gun In his dad's closet hidden in a box of fun things And I don't even know what But he's coming for you, yeah, he's coming for you

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet

Daddy works a long day He be coming home late, yeah, he's coming home late And he's bringing me a surprise Because dinner's in the kitchen and it's packed in ice I've waited for a long time Yeah, the slight of my hand is now a quick pull trigger I reason with my cigarette And say your hair's on fire You must have lost your wits, yeah

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet

The first time I got to comprehend the song lyrics, I told myself that we're quite a lucky country for I haven't heard a news yet back then about teenagers shooting another teenager.

And then came this news item yesterday. It was quite scary to think that the 13-year-old guy got a gun with him, without even the security at SM Pampanga detecting it.

Heck, when I was thirteen, toy guns weren't even allowed in our community!



1 comment:

  1. ngay0n yata eh, milenyo na ng mga hhmmm may topak (?).. hehehe

    ReplyDelete