Sunday

Books again?!?

My original plan to go to SMX yesterday for the Visprint's WIT was kinda demoted to going to SM Fairview by myself. Oh, such a lonely girl I am! (Papa didn't allow me to go to SMX by myself, but he doesn't want to go with me. Most of my friends were busy, if not, they haven't replied to me.)

I really had nothing to do there, I just wanna go out of the house and have time to be lax. So I just brought my laptop and took advantage of the free Wi-Fi. Spammed my other blogspot with some poems, customized this and that's theme, chatted with elementary school friends over Facebook, read some blogs. Until my laptop's battery got drained. Heh.

Since I can't use my laptop anymore, I visited my favorite store in SM: Booksale. (Call me a geek.) After about two hours rummaging through the shelves, I found some interesting books.

All these for less than P200

  • Kathleen O'neal Gear & Michael Gear's The Visitant
    • "a novel of terrifying power about madness and murder eight hundred years ago."
  • Dean Koontz's False Memory
    • My first Dean Koontz novel. I've been seeing his works around Booksale since God-knows-when but I haven't picked up a single book of his until now. This one's about the fear of one's own self, or autophobia.
  • Sara Hoskinson Frommer's Murder and Sullivan
    • About a murder on the opening night of a theater production. A detective investigating this staged death.
  • Keith Ablow's Denial
    • "A series of grisly murders has forensic psychiatrist Frank Clevenger on the case of a lifetime and the flight of his life against a brutal killer with a horrific trademark."
  • John Lescroart's Nothing But the Truth
    • An attorney's hunt for the true killer of his wife's friend, so that he can save his wife from being convicted of protecting an accused killer.
  • Willima Coughlin's The Stalking Man
    • Two men's hunt for the serial killer of beautiful women.
  • Malcom Rose's Traces: Roll Call
    • My fourth Malcom Rose novel (though my first two were also a part of the Traces series), and third book of the Traces series. 16-year old Forensic Investigator Luke Harding is hot on the trail of a serial killer who uses weapons that leave no trace behind. The murderer is killing women who have only one thing in common - the same name, Emily Wonder.
  • Benjamin Black's The Silver Swan
    • The sequel of Christine Falls. (I haven't read Christine Falls yet. I've seen one in Booksale's branch in Robinson's Mall Novaliches but I didn't buy it at the time 'cause I did not have enough money. But I find the story really interesting.)



Why're most of these are in the detective genre? Haha. I'm not a fan of detective stories, eh. But I found them interesting.

I will not be able to start reading any of these, though. For one, I found Frankenstein on my shelf, which I bought some years ago, and I've decided to finish it before the final exams week. Also, I'm kinda busy with school works 'cause the sem's almost over, and professors are piling huge junks of requirements for completion. I will have to wait until the semestral break to start reading these. Or maybe until the Holiday break. Or maybe until the summer break.

2 comments:

  1. naks, bookworm.. buti ka pa, may mga panahon sa book rummaging sa mga bookstores.. hehehe.. ayos yan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanong ko na rin pala, pare.. pano mo nagawa yung pagdagdag ng tab tulad nung My Tumblr na tab mo sa taas, tapos rekta naka-link sa mismong tumblr mo? di ko alam yun dito sa blogspot e.. hahaha.. salamat

    ReplyDelete