Saturday

See Eireen Smile

I was browsing through Eireen's long-forgotten blog last night (for the nth time).

Eireen, by the way, is my high school friend. She was our class's poet during our junior and senior year. Her talent in poetry was 'discovered' when our English III teacher made us do numerous poems for the whole third grading period during that year. She was the one who'd always get the highest score, no matter what type of poem our teacher required us to write. There was actually a time when I envied her ('coz I was the one who took Creative Writing classes for two years, yet she beat me! Wtf!).

Anyway, this is a sample from Eireen:


Masked Love
by: Eireen Camille See Linang

I am a stalker.
A stalker, not a joker.
A stalker, who tries to follow you wherever, whoever.
A stalker who hides whenever you look back.

A stalker  who gaits whenever you’re with her,
A stalker who waits until the dark sets over,
A stalker who is obsessed to talk to you,
A stalker who only see is your face in any view.

A stalker who  tries to be in gaiety whenever you’re with somebody,
A stalker who smiles whenever you’re happy,
A stalker who cries whenever you’re sad,
and a stalker who is proud whenever you lend a hand.

I am a stalker.
A stalker, not a joker.
A stalker, who tries to follow you wherever, whoever.
I am a stalker and a lover.
I guess.


#



I kinda miss her and her poems...

She's now taking up Information Technology Education at PNU. I wonder if she still writes. Gonna ask her on our barkada 'reunion'.

No comments:

Post a Comment