Sunday

UP Pep Squad bags it all

September 17, 2011---The University of the Philippines Pep Squad bagged all the awards in the 2011 UAAP Cheerdance Competition held at Araneta Colosseum.




Ooops....

This ain't a news article, Bern.


Yeah, so yesterday was one of the few days that UP shows that it also has its school spirit. Obviously, we don't have that in basketball competitions, or any other events in the UAAP. Only in the CDC.

I LOVE the Madonna concept! It was really a Back-to-Back-to-black performance. Pretty sure that they'll gonna set another trend for the UAAP CDC. (What's the next hair dye for next year, red? Yellow? Blue?) And UP got all the top awards. (Need I say more?)

Though I still think that the Salinggawi Dance Troupe deserved at least a spot in the Top 3. And why weren't they even a part of the newly launched-group stunts competition? Why? And why La Salle? I can't even---

I was with my cousin yesterday to watch it live in Araneta. And, I swear, I'll never gonna watch CDC in the GenAd ever again, at least not with the UP crowd, or I'll get deaf. Especially when they weren't cheering for the Pep to win, but they were cheering for the Salinggawi to lose. A repeat crowd performance I've first seen firsthand back in 2009.

Anyway, yesterday's event makes me a proud Iska more. Congratulations, UP Pep Squad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment