Monday

Reminiscent of Ketsana

It has been two years.

The scene was almost the same as it is now. The sky is dark the whole day; the rain is falling non-stop outdoors; the cold makes one wanna curl up in bed. The only difference? There are no dramatic news coverage of floods in the Metro.

I wasn't directly affected two years back. I was inside our house watching the TV while rolled up under the sheets. Thus, my insensitivity. I laughed at my college blockmates who were stranded in UP. I laughed at my friends who swam their way home from EspaƱa. I laughed at my cousin who stayed a whole night on their rooftop. Yes, I was THAT insensitive. Laughing my ass off while people were suffering from Ondoy (international codename: Typhoon Ketsana).

It just hit me when I actually saw the aftermath.

I hope nothing like the tragedy of Ondoy will happen again this year. Or at least, Pedring be a little bit more gentle than his brother.

1 comment:

  1. nung araw na nagtrip si ondoy, nilakad ko mula pasong tamo hanggang gil puyat station ng lrt.. tapos mula tayuman hanggang haibols.. tapos ikaw eh ang sarap lang ng hilata mo? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete