Tuesday

The Cagayan Getaway

Days 3-5: The Stay

Food! Glorious food!

Yeah, we never ran out of something to eat when we were in Battung. We go to one house, they offer food. We go to another, they offer food. We go the another, again, they offer food. AND coffee. Yes, coffee. It's like their staple drink there. We eat breakfast, there's coffee. We eat morning snack, there's coffee. We eat lunch, there's coffee. We eat afternoon snack, there's coffee. We eat supper, there's coffee (but of course, that's a bit exaggerated). They don't make kapeng barako anymore, though, unlike when I was younger. Now they settle for instant coffee.



The Next Generation

Oh, there were soooo many kids there. I actually found it hard to have an alone time 'cause these kids kept on bugging me.

Erika

Chloe, the youngest of the Cannu clan.

JC and Ian

Sons of my cousin. I don't know their names...


Bromance: Ian x JC???
Xyril and Rema


My brotha and the "3 Ilocanos"

Kulitan with the 3 and the camera
Reymar with Mojacko
The Ariel 3D Glasses!!! Hah...
Kids in the neighborhood
This kid's dad passed away a week before Christmas. His dad's body came from Manila to Battung on the 24th. He's very aware of what happened to his dad. When we asked him, "Is your dad sleeping?" he answered "No. He's dead." I feel so sad for this kid...



Flora and Fauna

It's like "Old McDonald had a farm, e i e i o..."

Every meal, my aunt ties this cat. Para daw hindi mangulit sa lamesa. Maingay naman.



These ducks kept on bugging the person who washes the dishes. Haha.

Would a farm be complete without a carabao?
Mother hen and her chicks under her...
They looove orchids. I don't think I saw a single house without orchids there.





There you go...

Next up: The Departure.

Wanna go for a ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment