Saturday

WAKANDA FOREVER 🖤

Rarely do I get sad about celebrity deaths. 

Sure, I did cry when Rico Yan died, I cried a bit when Alan Rickman died, and that's just about it. I have never really sad about any celebrity deaths. They're pretty much just regular people I never got to meet, is all. 

But Chadwick Boseman's death hit quite differently.

I never really was Boseman's fan (unlike I was with Yan and Rickman). I must admit, I really only knew him because he played Black Panther in the MCU. I haven't even seen any of his other projects, and I've seen only a few of his interviews. So I really couldn't put a finger down as to why I am greatly affected by his demise. 

Maybe it's because he's a king in the entertainment industry in his every little way. You see, a great king does not abandon his subjects for comfort. Boseman did not abandon his fans, as well as MCU fans, even while he was battling cancer. People would actually say, " I can't believe that he was already sick back then!" He did not abandon those who repeatedly asked him to do the "Wakanda Forever" salute even when he reportedly hated it. He did not abandon his followers even when he was bashed by the smallest minds when lost so much weight. He was a king when he agreed to be the face of one revolutionary mainstream superhero movie. Most importantly, from the looks of it, he was a real king to his family and friends even when he was already hurting.

But even the greatest kings fall.

And with Boseman's fall, we are reminded that we are connected to him in one way or another. As King T'Challa said, "More connects us than separates us." It’s may as well be the reason why his death saddened me a lot. 

If only he could come back like this IRL 😢
©Disney and Marvel Studios


I wish the Boseman family could somehow find peace in knowing that Chadwick's pain is now over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment